Saturday, September 26, 2009

I run .. sort of!

This week was work out city! Between my 2 cardio killer days with Melissa (465 calories and 642 calories) and my 2 strength train weight days with Tim, my trainer-dude, who had me a 515 calories and 451 calories ... and I still ran (jog) on Saturday, after a 3 mile walk on Thursday.

For the first time ... I try the jog thing ...

Tim stated that I should run at Harke Park. A beautiful park that Mr. Harke built and donated to Lebanon. It has a 1/2 mile asphalt track and play area for children.

So Saturday, before I go and meet some friends for dinner, I hit the park. Scared? yes. Manly I was scared of facing my weakness again and again. So I walk to the first bench. Jog to the second bench. Walk to the third bench and Jog to the fourth bench. One mile down. One more to go. This time I run farther than 1/4 at a time ... Still feel weak. Still can not believe I can not run one mile. But, I am not quitting ... ( and I did not sit on any bench!) then I hit my favorite coffee place .. not for a 400+ coffee, but for a whey protein smoothie with strawberries and skim milk, from the cutest little coffee gal ( my 18 year old daughter best friend) and met my friends.

1 comment:

  1. This is what I am trying to do. They have a program called couch to 5K. You can look it up on the web. Basically you do intermitted walking, running and everyday you run alittle farther. So when I get moved closer to the Ozark trail I am going to start it. I love this colder weather to exercise in anyway. You are suppose to burn more calories when it is cooler/cold outside because it takes more energy to keep your body warm!

    ReplyDelete