Sunday, September 13, 2009

Polar Watch F6 -- LOVE IT

Yesterday was my birthday. 37. I trained today with Melissa/'Millian'. I appreciate her. She keeps leading me to the fitness world were I am learning so much.

She introduced me to the Polar Watch. I have been researching them online. The Heart Monitor System can track my heart rate / calorie count / workout time / and store them for me for future review.

I found some retailers in St Louis, so my husband took me there to find one for my birthday. My parents gave me $100 gift card, and I planned to use it for the watch.

Sports Authority in St Louis, had the watch on sale for $99. Perfect! I bought it. and some work out clothes and sports bras and swimsuit for my new swimmer, Faithe, and fitness stuff. Had it been softball season, my Brooke, 15, would have cleaned house there. She is a softball player!! She is so fit, like her dad. Her arms are solid. We visited some other outdoor stores to look at hiking stuff because you know I am hiking in 2010 the Never Summer Mountains in CO!

So, today, I put on my watch and work out clothes after church and met with Melissa/Millian to train. We set up the watch for my body weight and such and away we went.

187!! my heart rate soared to 187! no wonder I could not breathe! stayed at 187 forever!

Now the Polar Watch has an alarm on it. so when I am over my target heart rate it beeps at me.

within 10 minutes I am beeping and beeping and beeping. She is pushing me along this work out and I am so out of breath, I just push my wrist in her face and say, "It is BEEPING at you!!"

"Laurie," her reply, "the beep does not bother me, I know how to turn the alarm off. Keep moving. Punch it out."

yeah, I am going to punch something alright! !!

When the workout it over, and I need a stretcher, I look at the watch 580 calories burned! 580 calories. How encouraging . Yep, I like this watch .... Go Polar

No comments:

Post a Comment