Thursday, September 17, 2009

'Lets start to RUN'

I am down 5 pounds ... week 8. Shirts are so much looser. Jeans not so much. One back roll gone!

So while working out with Tim and all his crazy, 'Tim-Designed-Exercises', he says to me, "What do you think about running a 5K?"

HUH? Are you talking to me? Still fat girl here! Remember me? Laurie Bennett? The girl who crashed 14 days ago? (see previous post)

I think what I like most about Tim, among many things, is that he knows what he is doing. He knows weakness and knows strength. He is a fence builder I tell him. He knows what boundaries to have and how to operate within them. He is good at his job. He knows how to pace me. He also is a superb example. He practices what he is teaching. He knows when to spark me.

We talk about it the whole workout. I left, he adjusts the weight and he talks. We change what I am doing in my 'alone' workout days. One day I will walk for fat-burning day. Walking a long way and get in the stage where my watch does not beep. 110-137 heart rate range.

The other 'laurie trains alone' day, I will interval train day. Walk a minute, run a minute. and build up.

I am game. He has known how to pace me so far. Let's try.

376 calories on arm/chest day.. 459 calories on leg weight day.

burning..burning..burning..keep that fat a burning...

No comments:

Post a Comment