Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Learning to Cheat

All this time, I have been giving Tim my food diary and we tweek it. (did I tell you I was at 7 pounds OFF)

many times, I am not eating enough calories, he says. I have decided this week to give him what I am going to eat, rather than what I have already eaten. Good plan he says!

Tim is teaching me to have a cheat treat. One cheat meal a week. This is starting to come easier to me. Last week I craved a cinnamon roll for like EVER. So, the Bennett clan agreed Sunday morning before church, we would have cinnamon rolls. That was it. My only cheat. Brian and I had our Sunday, before church, coffee time and cinnamon roll.

Sunday night we had buffet night for our Worship leader's 40th birthday, and I did not graze. I ate well. God is helping me to this thing! I could have waited and used it as my cheat meal, but I really craved the cinnamon roll. So, I made a choice and did it!

At the Bennett house, we also have cut out eating out. We pack lunch and snack and it all. This has helped a lot, but takes so much time!! I just did not realize how much time it took. I am cooking healthy. Something I have wanted to learn for 20 years. I read books on how to cook well. The Bennett family is in the middle of a lifestyle change.... we are going to do it.

Today, my Faithe asked me what we should cheat with this weekend. She said she was craving chocolate chip cookies. My Brooke, 15, agreed. So, on Friday night, during a Bennett card game night, we will have chocolate chip cookies and milk!

I am telling you, we used to eat sugar, carb, junk of some sort every day. Soda. Ice cream, and it was Blue Bell ice cream! Cereals. Breads. Rolls with dinner. Fast food lunches and dinner. We were EASILY eating out 4-6 times a week. NO MORE.

I am learning. I am doing it. God is helping me to love Him with strength. I am going to climb that mountain next summer. I am going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment