Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Zumba ....

My cousin Jen, has told me that she went to a Zumba class. What is Zumba? I laugh at her and tell her I want to see her wear the costume when she Zumbas. I think of the National Geographic shows of African dance. Zumba has not made it to Lebanon I tell her...

...until now.

Today at 9 AM I went to Zumba. The class was small. The leader Zumba girl was small, young and cute. I know her from a restaurant she works at in out town. This was her 3 time to lead. I like her. She is a sweet gal.

I set my Polar Watch, and say to her, 'let's see how high the heart rate jumps.'

I love dance. I have always loved dance. My fat fanny, butt and gut does not look great dancing, but I love it. So I thought I would love Zumba.

After an hour, I did not burn what I normally burn in a cario class with the Cardio Queen Melissa. I did not have the heart rate jump I have with Melissa. No intensity. I did burn 489 calories, and it was different. and I liked it. But I know I would have liked it much better if it was with more energy, louder music, more in the class, and with my cardio queen.

I took Faithe to her swimming training today. I did not swim with her, but her stroke form is so improving. You go, you little Bennett chic!

I close this week with almost 6 hours of intense workout ... Sunday is rest day!

1 comment:

  1. Zumba is in Lebanon? You're kidding? Where?? I was just reading about it in a magazine. I may not be good at it but I bet I could wiggle around, have fun and burn some calories :) I do not dance well (that's why contra dance is great...it's easy for me!) and don't have too much rhythm but I'd be willing to try Zumba :)

    ReplyDelete