Thursday, October 8, 2009

1 MILE!

It has been raining and raining here all week.

Thursday, instead of getting to walk at Harke Park, I went to the Civic Center treadmills.

I know tomorrow Melissa was instructed to 'kill the legs' ... so today I planned to run/jog for distance. Let me just see how far I can go.

I walked .25 of a mile to warm up .. and then cranked the treadmill up and jogged. and jogged. and jogged. when I got to one mile, I knew I had .25 left to jog the whole mile ... so I kept going. I jogged the whole mile....!!! One whole mile. and then walked another 1/2 mile. So the treadmill read 1.75 mile. and I was thrilled that one mile of that I was jogging. I think I could have stayed longer, but I had to pick up Faithe from class. So, I got off with a smile. and 295 calories off!

One mile down ... a 5K to go ... I am thinking the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day. it is a 5K at 8 AM.

1 comment:

  1. You will have to look for Lullel, he runs it every year! You go girl! I might join you guys not up to running yet but will work on it and see if I can do half of it at least! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete