Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Return to Trainer-Dude

Week Three:

Two workouts with trainer dude and two workouts with the sister, I now call her Millian (Melissa + Jillian (Biggest Loser) = Millain) ...

Week three begins.. scale not moved. Still sore. Real sore. Food journal reviewed by Tim. (Trainer-dude's real name) He advises to new/better/healthier food choices. How to change my current diet. How to add health.

This week Tim tells me we are adding cardio ... and if interested I can train with him 2 days a week and Saturdays with Millain. So, week three we are at 3 work outs a week. Two weight train, 1 cardio.

Week three we add new exercises. Tim has me flip a tire. Yes I tire. I told you that this was no typical gym. I call it a 'man's gym', but see lots and lots of women. strong. lean. fit. So, the tire is huge. Huge! Bigger than monster-truck style. I flip. 10 flips. rest. 10 flips. rest. 10 flips. want to lay down and rest. Can not breathe. Heart pounding.

Next, I swear to you, that he puts a band around me and I pull the BIG-TRAINER-DUDE, until I can not breathe. My quads are on fire! FIRE!

Hello? Laurie Bennett here!! 70 pounds overweight! weak girl! cry-baby! Did you forget?

I pull him, then I pull him again, and yet again. I can not move after. Trainer-dude smiles.

One hour later and I hear myself think .... 'girlfriend, you moved a HUGE, HUGEST tire....30 times'

Then I had to call my man ... I have not told you much about my man. High school sweethearts. Married for over 18 years. I adore him. Love, Love, LOVE him. Like him most days. He owns his own business (co-own with his younger brother) and I do the books. He supports me. He watches me ride the weight loss roller coasters and never, ever, ever, has condemned. He is my support system. However, this is the same man that eats EVERYTHING, and stays a 32. He eats everything! and anything. He lets me ride the roller coaster and claps for me when I need him to clap. He eats the new diet plan (although I am sure he eats what he wants when at work). He cooks way better than me. He can COOK! We have three girls. He is a good man ... most days :) He is a manly man. Avid bowhunter, fishes, baseball player, camps, construction type of man. He spends every fall in the woods as much as his business will allow with his Hoyt bow, "the other woman".

He smiles at me. He makes me feel like I can do this .. maybe ... it is still too early to tell..

Week three ... gaining ground. changing mindsets ...

Saturday with Millian ... yep, she kills me again ... In fact, as I am pounding away with some punch, she looks at me and says, "don't you just love this?"

Does she not know, I can not talk, because I can not breathe?? Hello? Love this? I am not thinking if I love this.. I am thinking, 'Can I survive this?' I realize something about this experiment. ... it is a process .. a process .. and I have to let the process work itself out in me ..

"I am not thinking about liking this .. I am thinking about letting this work," I tell her.

I am liking spending the time with her. Even if I can not breathe. She lets me see into a woman that is lean. strong, fit.

Week three... finished... as Sunday is rest day and cheat meal day!

No comments:

Post a Comment