Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Eating out

So in my mind, I am thinking that since I am ordering "Grilled Harvest Chicken Salad, with ice water, and honey mustard on the side, please" ... I am doing great! I mean I really want what I normally have, and all the goodies that come with it. But my varieties of grilled chicken salad have lots of SALT and hidden calories. Who knew?

I have been eating them since day one. AND we eat out a lot. No because I won't cook. But because we live 30 minutes from our town that hold all our kids activities. So after drum practice and before church on Wed night, we are eating out. Thursday while at classes all day, we eat out. Friday night we eat out. Sunday, we eat out. and so on and so on.
Hidden salt, hidden calories ... scale not budging much.

Which brings me to a funny story about my Millian trainer girl. She and I are holding some push up pose, FOREVER. While we are both just holding it she asks about my eating. I tell her chicken salads and VERY FEW of them were crispy chicken salads. She fell out of pose, crashed to the ground and said, "LAURIE, no fried foods EVER." My reply, "I did not know one or two would hurt." Then she went on and on about oils and fats and all that. Ok, I got it. Fried foods = not trainer approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment