Friday, July 31, 2009

Trainer #2

Trainer-dude has to go buy equipment, and has set me up with his sister, the FB friend I contacted to set me up.

Cario with the sister.

Tuesday I arrive and she is bouncy and ready for me. She has just finished her kick boxing class and I watch the same women I saw last week, with her. Strong, Fit, Lean. The women talk and wonder out and I stare at the sister.

I am so nervous. Sister, graduated with my man, 19 years ago. We have not talked to her since. We went to high school together. I do not know her well, but we share friends.

She, too, is sensitive to my sensitivity and that comforts me.

Her brother, my trainer-dude, has a Master degree in whatever field you call training someone in. I know this because I looked him up well on the internet. His degree is from a great school that specializes in this kind of thing .. Her brother left her with instructions on what to do with me. I learn that she is finishing her training certification. I learn that she teaches exercises classes. We talk about common friends and then .... we begin ...

"Get the heart rate up as high as you can get it for as long as you can get it." that is what he tells her, when talking about me....

And did she ever. I gasped for oxygen. air, I need air.... stair steps, kick boxing, stair steps, punches, punching bag, stairs, punching, punches, punch her, run and punch her, run, kick, stairs...... I CAN NOT BREATHE!

Did I tell you that she did the whole work out with me! with me? Not in front of me, just counting me down .. She worked out right along side me. She had just finished kick boxing for an hour, and her she was working out with me.

She was great. She worked me. I felt so embarrassed. I was shame. I faced myself again. and weakness overtook me. What had I let my heart become??

One hour later. I was wet. Tired. Worn.

I go home. school. and nap. I have never been so sore and tired. NEVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment