Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I think I can .. I think I can ...

The scale moved down one pound. Yep, I find myself getting on it once a week.... still. Habit? Measuring tool? Looking for it to speak to me my success??

I have come to realize that Tim, the trainer-dude, is really good at his job. Had he told me the first week that
  • a.) I would have been to sore to sleep
  • b.) be a girl that flips a HUGE tire
  • c.) start hard cardio

I would have laughed and cried. Laughed because I would have never imagined it. Cried because it overwhelms me.

Week four begins. Pull up. Iron Cross. Kickboxing class (with other women.... strong. fit. lean women)

That is what he added on week 4.
Modified pull ups ( pull-up with band around me for added support)
Make the abs cry, iron cross crunch
and signed me up for a kickboxing class. (for those of you counting -- that is 4 workouts a week - two cardio - two strength training.)

I am still looking at him with the "hello? do you not remember who I am? Laurie Bennett here, weak-one, cry-baby, 69 pounds overweight girl!" look when he states to me what I am going to do. and I still manage to do what I asks... or at least try!

bouncing push up?? come on! mountain climbers?? seriously? 200 crunches??

Today he had me raising my legs about 6 inches and then raising them three feet and holding it for 60 seconds up and then 60 down. So I was doing it with my eyes closed because it was HARD!. After 60 seconds he would say down .. which meant that my legs where to float 4-6 inches above the floor. As I was holding it there, eyes closed, he came and put a weight on my legs and left it there and walked off saying, "Do not let that ball fall!" I open my eyes, crunch up and see sure enough a weighted ball on my ankles. ABS are dying. Legs are tire. and I sit there thinking .. 'who thinks of this stuff.'

Moans ... more louder moans .. moaning ... groaning .... 'ok, release' I lay there and breathe. I kid you not, next second I hear, "up." and here came the ball ....again ...

then my 60 minutes is over ... and I realize ... I might be able to do this ...

No comments:

Post a Comment