Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Week Six ! the test

Week Six. 2 pounds off. tired weary.

Started kick boxing this week. Kickboxing with my 'Millian' and her class. Tim, my trainer-dude, said I was ready. So, I have two days with him lifting weights. One day of kickboxing in 'Millian's' class and one day with 'Millian' getting my heart rate as high as she can for as long as she can. Two days of walking on my own, one day of rest.

I was very nervous about this kickboxing. Remember, this weight issue is FRAGILE for me. Too fragile. I showed up. Found my place in the back row. and watched the clock. 45 minutes .... would I make it??

Arms I could do. Sure they were in pain, ached and fatigued, but I moved them.

Then came the quad workout. I promise you, she had us standing on one foot for EVER. The other foot was lifting to the front, knee raises, back kick, round house, and for 100 sets of 8. Well, maybe not 100 sets, but so many sets my quad was not holding this fat fanny much longer.

Yeah, she moves to the other quad... wait, did I say, yeah.. I meant, thank goodness that other quad could now move, while the weak one tried to hold me all. After another 100 sets, we moved to ab work.

'Millian' could not look at me through the work out. She one time, looked and corrected me leg stance with her eyes. Looks at my eyes, looks at her toes, and then looks at my toes. point outward. kill the inner thigh. squat. squat again. and again and again ...100 sets

KICKBOXING was KICKING my butt, and not donkey style either (see previous post).

45 minutes later, I could not move. But I some-what finished. I was still scared. I saw one cute red head, fit. lean. strong. , in front of me that was sweating so bad that her legs looked like oil one inch thick was plastered to her legs.

Fun..... I remind myself, I have paid for 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment