Monday, July 27, 2009

Week One

The phone call ...

looking for the where to begin. I pray.

On Facebook I see a friend of a friend post about her work out. She is not a current FB friend of mine. But, I brave up post to her. "Can I bother you?," I say, "I need a trainer. You FB a lot about your workouts. Where do you go? Who do you recommend?" Then I beg her not to tell my story to anyone. I have shame. This is the most sensitive area of my life. and the doctor requires I hit it sraight on. I spill my guts to her. --- she gives me the name of a guy she knows ...

I walk into his gym. I meet her brother, my new trainer. Yep, he is big. 'trainer-looking' type of guy. 10 years younger than me. I give him all my excuses, my reasons, my justifications. I say, "My doctor says I have to train for one whole year. I am 70 pounds overweight. I am medically well enough she says."

While I am crying and spilling my stroy, I see no treadmills. No bikes. No purple and pink bouncy balls. No stair climbers. No ab machines. No scales.

I DO see lots and lots weights. dumb bells. chains hanging off of dumb bells. yep, chains. "WHAT have I got myself into?"


I leave with fear and a starting date. Here we go .... pray, Laurie, pray ..

No comments:

Post a Comment