Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Too sore to work out ...

There is a step outside the gym. My trainer-dude smiles as I attempt to climb it with no rail. I hobble in at 8 AM and trainer-dude is with a class of athletes. I watch while he finishes with them.

My mind beats me up. I see his class. Women. Women I know. From child-hood. Again, my mind beats me up.

I see them ...... Fit. Lean. Strong.

Those words have not described me since I was 18. Now 36.

Trainer-dude waits for them to leave. All of them. He knows my sensitivity. Hands me a kettle bell #1.

Seriously??

Trainer-dude: "You sore?"

Laurie: "Funny! You are funny. You want me to do kettle bells again today? Less than 48 hours since you tore every muscle? I am Laurie Bennett. Remember Tuesday??? Cry-baby-girl. Pass-out-girl! Throw-up-girl? Can-not-walk-today girl??"

I swing the kettle....Ouucchhhh! I swing again. Swing 10 more. Rest. Swing. Swing 10 more. Rest. Wow, I think, it does not hurt as bad. The pain is going away. This might be ok.

No black outs today. No throw up today. No tears.

One hour over, and I did it! YEAH for me!

Trainer-dude: "have a protein shake after your work out today, and I will see you next Tuesday.

I go home, teach the girls their school, and crash in a nap .... a long nap ....

I wake up ... sore again ... too sore again ... here we go again sore again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment