Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Support Soars!

My mom ... I love her. For Christmas I had asked for a pair of new running shoes. She took me to Starting Block in Springfield, MO because she saw their ad on tv. I had never heard of this store before. When we went in, and I asked for some help.

Next thing I know, I am running barefoot on a treadmill while they figure my feet placement, arch, width, and leg running positions. Then they recorded me and streamlined it into the computer. In slow motion, I could see what my feet were doing. It was amazing. I could see how I was running. I could see how my running effected my ankles, my body. Then, based on that info, we tried on about 10 pairs of shoes, all in the category that the computer images represented was best for my running style. Slight prone, medium support. I was awed! I walked out, hearing from a women marathon runner, trained in such matters, that I had great running feet placement, and position, and all the things I did right, and all the things for me to work on to enhance my run. Was it inspiring or what!!! Thank you Jesus! Thank you mom for taking me there!

My man ... I love him. For Christmas, we had decided to spend no money on each other. We always celebrate our Christmas on Christmas Eve after the children are in bed. I had made him a present and give it to him. He had made me a present too.... If you have ever seen Forrest Gump, you know when Forrest is running over the US, the tee-shirt-happy-face man is inspired by Forrest and the 'Happy Face' logo is revolutionized. Well, my Brian believes I will help others want to run and move their bodies more as I get fit, lean and strong, so he made me a 'happy face' shirt, and wrote me the most inspiration letter ever! His support is apprecaited more than he knows.

My Brookie .. I love her. For Christmas she gave me a shirt that simply said.... Run

My Lindsey and my Faithe .. I love them ... They are helpful to me to give me opportunity and time to exercise and run and eat well...

Can not wait to break in those running shoes as soon as I feel well, and prepare for the Starting Block Resolution 5K on Jan 23 in Springfield Mo. I would like to run a 5K every other month until I am ready for a 10K.

Come run with me and we will 'Run, Forrest, Run'

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. What a great scrapbook page this would make. You have inspired me my friend -- a list of I loves for a scrap page with sentiments about dear ones... :)

    ReplyDelete