Sunday, January 10, 2010

20 pounds!

Well, it is official, I have lost 20 pounds. It is slower that the trainer thinks it should be, and slower that I would want; BUT, it is good! I am down a jean size, and a shirt size. I can run for longer times. My heart can recover. I am not afraid of the cardio classes. I tried some jammies on that have been the back of the drawer for awhile, and they fit loose. I was happy about that.

The support from my friends and family has helped me the most. The education I have received from the trainers comes in a close second.

My trainer is almost opening his new gym so he has been swamped with prep work and I have not worked out with him in a long time. But on my own, I lost the 2 pound Christmas dinner weight. I was happy about that. I am telling you, fueling your body every 4 hours is a tool that helps me lose. When I can concentrate on that, I have much better weeks. When my to-do lists flood me, and I lose track of time, I am in trouble. I eat more, I act ravenous and eat too many calories.

My workouts are stronger. My running is farther. I am going to run the Starting Block's 5 K on Jan 23. I will let you know how that goes.... If I can only beat my time by one minute I will be happy! I mean, I will be happy anyway, but will be well pleased if I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Just found this again. Sounds like you are doing great. I wish I could say the same for myself but I'll keep trying. I love to read your successes as they give me hope that I will get there some day. Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete