Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas ..... a lesson learned ...

Well, I learned a valuable lesson this Christmas. I still fight with temptation. And over Christmas Eve... it won.

My parents blessed Brian and me with a gift certificate to Big Cedar Lodge last Christmas. We still had not had opportunity to use it, so Brian surprised me and we took an impromptu trip to Branson on Tuesday the 23rd. Eating was ok. I had salad and soup for dinner, while Brian feasted on Big Cedar's famous menu. When the staff brought us gingerbread cookies to our cabin, I refused them. When Brian brought chocolates to the cabin, I had only two small peices. So all was going well. When we ate the next day, I chose good items from the menu ..

Then came Christmas Eve. I did well all day ... I was home finishing my wrapping, my cleaning, and decorating before my daughters and man arrived. I made snack foods for dinner and thought I could keep my paws clean. Little bbq smokies, meatball, veggie tray, cheese balls ... no big danger I thought. All of this food items I can take or leave. I told my family I was not making any desserts for Christmas Eve... Then, my 18 year old Lindsey made cookies ... for Santa ... Sugar cookies ... and well, I ate some. Too many. and felt miserable all night long. I had not had that much sugar in a long time, and I had just dealt with the virus, and I was sick!

Christmas morning is tradition for homemade waffles and fruits and sparkling grape juice. All sugar .. made me ill ... I was miserable. What was I thinking??

Christmas at mom's ... did better, turkey, beans, veggies ... and a piece of angel food cake. .. or two ... Stayed away from the pies, the breads, the potatoes ...but felt ick!

So today, the 29th, I still have not got back to the road of my work out schedule. I can feel it. Yesterday, I was hit with another virus. So I have not been eating every 4-5 hours. Have not wanted to eat at all. I have not exercised like I normally do. I am afraid to see the scale.

Come on ..Laurie .. start again ... stand back up ... you can do it ...

1 comment:

  1. If I were with you, I'd help you stand back up, tell you that you were fine, pat your fanny and send you on your way. Keep going, girl!!
    deb

    ReplyDelete