Sunday, November 8, 2009

First 10 pounds gone!

Finally!! It has taken awhile ... but the first 10 pounds are gone! 48 pounds to go. It has taken a lot longer than I thought it would. Trainers give me all the 'reason-ings' : "Muscle weighs more." "You are stronger." "Your body shape is changing." All true reasons...

Last week, my man, said he would be unable to identify me if he was going on just 'feeling' the arms, because they have changed shape so much. On Sunday, my 'Millian' took a picture of my changed arms with her cell phone. If that comes up on Facebook .. I will ...well, I am not anywhere near as strong as she is .. but I will have a payback!

Got the metabolic results back last week. 1860 calories my body burns just by doing nothing. If I want to make goal weight before Brian takes me to Never Summer Mountains, next summer, I have to have a deficit of 650 calories a day. Now this week, I am plugging into their menu design for me. Let you know how that goes.

Turkey Trot is 16 days away..... I am not ready. I am trying to get ready. I am jogging, walking, jogging much more than ever ... but this body has never done anything like this before. It has been hard. I am going regardless and will go as far as I can. We will see.

The other day, I was jogging on the treadmill, and when the legs felt like logs and the heart rate soared, I kept speaking scriptures into my heart. 'I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me.' 'I can endure, Christ endured.' 'I will love the Lord God with my strength.' I think that is part of the mental strength I have never had. I am trying to allow the Lord to process my thoughts so I can endure. Sure, I have endured hard situations, more than I care for, but I have never pushed my physical body like I am now. NEVER.

The clothes are indeed looser. YEAH!!

2 comments:

  1. YOU are amazing! I am so proud of you... You go girl! I would love to see those arms!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration. And a pillar of strenght. I love you.

    ReplyDelete