Wednesday, November 25, 2009

tomorrow it is ...

Well tomorrow is the first of the 5K runs for me ... Turkey Trot in Springfield, Missouri. Since August of this year, I have been strength training, cardio-ing my heart, and began to jog. 12 pounds down, and moving more, eating better and preparing for tomorrow ... the first of many 5K's for me I decided. I have not trained for running, but have trained my body, with the help from my trainers- Team Cole. A lean running champion told me that it was different to train to run than just to train my body. I have called him a few times to ask him about breathing and endurance while trying to run.

So, am I ready for tomorrow morning?? I do not know. I have never had to 'get ready' for something like this. I have read some books on what to expect. I have prayed. I have trotted the tracks in Lebanon. I have gotten started on my weight loss journey. Is that enough?? I guess we will see...

I will let you know how it goes ...

4 comments:

  1. You will do remarkably well. I know you will! I have made a pact with myself that I will be ready and running in next years! I need you to keep me motivated OKAY! I want to do it to say I have and get to a new level on fitness! Let's keep each other motivated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Laurie! I know you'll do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear how it went. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete