Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Training hard helps emotions

Last week, I had two stressful days facing me. The kind of day that makes your stomach flip flop!

I went to train with Tim, and stated to him, "Wear me out, so I have no fight left in me!" Knowing that if I left him worn, my emotions could not vent out like I was worried they would. He did. My heart soared. Stupid ROPE! My arms still ache. But it settled my emotions. In a healthy fashion. "Be angry and sin not," the Bible reads. The work out subdued the anger, flip flop of the stomach, and I dealt well with the day. I am learning more and more about the benefit of all this exercise. It amazes me.

Sunday, in the afternoon, I trained with Melissa, and stated the same to her, "Wear me down." So she set up an obstacle course. CRAZINESS!!! Who thinks of stuff like this?? I wanted to sing, "I am in the ARMY now." My heart soared. 190 ... But the heart recovers much faster than it ever did before.

Even if I have only lost 10 pounds, so far, knowing that my heart recovers so quick, which shows how healthy it is tickles me pink!! This means so much to me. I can soar to 190's, but recovery time is short and I can soar again. Go heart muscle go!!

Yesterday, I jogged for preparation for the Turkey Trot in the morning and kick boxed in the evening with Melissa. The heart would not have allowed that before. 740 calories burned yesterday. YEAH! And still came home, made dinner, did mom stuff and had energy. 15 weeks ago, I could not make it through a day. Now, I accomplish so much in a day .... exercise = good!

1 comment: