Sunday, September 5, 2010

Closer to goal.

Do I dare come out on the internet stage? I fear tomatoes and rotten fruits being thrown at me for not uploading since April. No excuses, only reasons. Mom of three. Wife. Employee x 3. Home educator.

If the average woman is indeed a size 14-16 ... I am so close to not being average anymore. Am selling my average closes. Wonder what life is like, not being average. I will keep you updated.

This summer, I did not reach my Never Summer Mountain goal...yet... But I am getting closer daily. Finally.

I have learned so much about myself on this journey. First, the Lord is always with us. He is real and very near. His strength is my endurance.

Second, I am for sure older. The metabolic rate of my body is nothing. I was feeding it as if I was burning as many calories as my cute construction man, Brian James. Who am I kidding?

But I have learned, I am content with less and better foods. Seafood is now my friend. (which makes Brian very happy..he loves seafood) My steamer is a huge blessing. I put my frozen fish/seafood/chicken in my steamer with some veggies and wa-lah, I have lunch. I have cut red meat out except once/twice a week. Still walking and love it.

The Springfield Turkey Trot is coming up. I am excited to try again. I am lighter than last year. I am stronger than last year. I am mentally better than last year.

Am I am runner? Not yet.

I am excited about the weight loss I have experienced. Any pound from here on out is un-chartered territory as the last amount pounds are pounds I have lost over and over. Remember, I went from a size 2/4, a pregnancy, then a size 12/14. Then bigger. Then back. Then up. Then down. Around and around the diet wheel I have spun. Until now....

I was asked my goal weight was not too long ago. Honestly, I reported that I did not know. I have never been there to see what my body would respond to. So, we will see. One pound at a time. One day at a time.

There is a big difference though between this time and all the rest. Because of the Lord, I have not given up. I have reached the weight I was at 5 pounds ago, about 12 different times. The 'littler' clothes in my closet all stop at the size I am now. There are no smaller. There are no size mediums or smalls in my closet. If there are, it is because my teen daughters put away laundry in the wrong closet.

I ALWAYS quit me. When I reached that 'number' on the scale, I always quit before. Until now.

In April, the Lord spoke to my heart. It was a totally different issue that He spoke this matter to my heart, but it applied to many areas of my life. "Laurie, my daughter, I was for you all along."

He watched from the sideline as I quit running to my touchdown with only a few yards to go. He watched me fall, stumble, and run to the sideline of life. Turn to food, comfort, bad habits, self-comfort, and hide all over again. Time and time again.

If God is for you, who can be against you? The Bible reads.

I thank Him. He loves. He cheers. He is for me.

Therefore, I can do it. I can keep going.

Until next time ...

2 comments:

  1. I just found this post and it is a great post. I am, too, on the journey you are and you are an inspiration to me. Because of you, I have registered for the Turkey Trot. I have been working out on my treadmill to see if I can beat my time from the PSC 5K last May. I, too, have changed to a lower size in my closet which feels great. Just know that you are not in this alone. If I can help in anyway, please let me know. We have more in common than you may know.
    Hugs, Robin M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration to me! Love you...

    ReplyDelete